2.07.2016

DES MOINES, IOWA INTERVIEW

The past few months have been so crazy but so fun! It started out with us taking a road trip to Des Moines, Iowa at the beginning of January for a medical school interview. We left Elle at home with my family and even though I missed my baby, daily picture updates (like this one with her hair french braided - I died) helped me through!

Tyler and I had a lot of fun together listening to a million Dave Ramsey podcasts, talking, and laughing all the way there. It was such a painfully long drive (16 hours) and there was not much to look at. Once we got through the barren fields to Des Moines, I loved the city! This school was high up on Tyler's wish list so I wanted to go with him to get a feel for the city in case he were to get in. 

While Tyler was in his interview I decided to go to Goodwill and another store I love called Once Upon A Child that has used baby clothes. I SCORED. I called my mom and said, "If we ever end up living here I am going to be so happy with all the thrift stores here!" I got Elle like 15 things all in brand new condition from Gap for $25. I was feelin so good about it! 

I also saw this baby at Goodwill for $40 and was so sad that I had no way to get it home. I seriously looked at it for 10 minutes trying to think about how I could get it home. 

We found out a few weeks ago that Tyler got into the Des Moines medical school! I am SO proud of him! He has worked so hard and has truly overcome so many obstacles along this entire journey. It's a relief that we have at least one acceptance and to know that his dream of becoming a doctor is coming true! Tyler is on 4 wait lists (two in California and two in Arizona) and we won't hear back from the University of Utah until at least March. We both really like Des Moines though and the med school is a great one so there is a good chance we will end up there in the fall.

We still have a LONG way to go in this whole journey but I'm grateful for Tyler and so proud of him. He is such a hard worker and is an amazing husband and father. I love you Ty!!

1 comment:

  1. We currently live in Des Moines (for another month), not for Med school but our ward has about 7 students in it. They all really like it. We live on the south side and we love our ward, 2 of the med student families are done this semester but the others are awesome too. They all have kids, which is nice for moms I hear. We are so sad to be leaving the ward though. Des Moines is a pretty cool place, there are 5 temples within 4ish hours which is nice, day trips are possible. Winter is the worst for 2 reasons, they never plow the roads and it is always windy, but BYU-I is pretty windy from what I hear so it might not be too bad. As for the roads... you get used to it but it still stinks haha. Anyway, sorry for the random comment, I just thought you might want to know that there are a pretty good group of LDS couples out here, well at least on the southside, if you do end up here :)

    ReplyDelete