7.16.2015

SUMMER 2015 UPDATE

I'm back! Does anyone even read this anymore? HA! It's great journaling for me so here's our family update!

Summer is in full swing at our house and we are loving every bit of it! A couple months ago I spilled a whole glass of water all over my laptop. It was toast. I was destroyed! I put off getting it fixed for a while because I knew how expensive it would be but I finally got around to it and it's so good to have it back! My little blogging break was nice but I've missed writing down all of the highlights of our lives!

In May I threw a bridal shower for my sister-in-law Becky. I had so much fun making banners, prepping food, crafts, etc. I'm lucky to call my sister-in-law one of my best friends. I am going to miss hanging out with her 5 times a week when she gets married and moves to California!


My other beautiful sister-in-law Rachel!

If you haven't tried the butter cakes from Costco you should definitely stay far, far away from them. They come in little muffin sized portions and we cut them up and made little trifles. TO DIE FOR.



Tyler's job is going great. He works across the street so it's very convenient for us! Elle & I spend most of our days lounging around in our PJ's, getting the house cleaned, reading books, and playing all morning long (anxiously awaiting Tyler's arrival haha). She is my best little buddy.

Elle's latest favorite activity is taking out every item in my purse one by one. I'm starting to get used to the fact that there may be a period of years when my house will never be all the way clean - ha!

We took a fun trip to Arizona with my family. Tyler submitted his application to medical school the day before so it was nice to kick back and de-stress!

We shopped (almost every day) at this store called Last Chance. It's the Nordstrom clearance outlet and it's my obsession. It's not for everyone… but I would live there if I could. Everything is so cheap I couldn't NOT buy everything! My sisters, my mom & I were on cloud nine.

Tyler's cousin Rylee went through the temple for the first time and got married. It was such a special weekend. (Of course Tyler is saying something sassy mid-picture - our only picture too haha!)


And speaking of weddings, my childhood best friend (we've grown up together since birth) got married! So happy for my sweet Marissa! She married a great guy and I couldn't be happier for her.

Tyler's sister Becky is a literal angel on earth. This week she called me and asked, "Hey just wondering if I could bring by some Bombay House for you guys for dinner?" UH.. who does that?! We were in heaven!


PEONY SEASON. Miss it already.

 And lastly, the fourth of July! 

Tyler's little sister Rachel's birthday is on the fourth so my in-laws came down to Utah to hang out with my family! I love that they are all best friends. We joked the entire fourth that the fireworks and festivities were all for Rachel since it was her 16th birthday.  

Well there's my recap of the last few months. Elle turns one year old in less than one week. How is that real? Loving every moment of our busy, crazy, fun lives right now!

7 comments:

  1. Um, can Elle possibly get any prettier or cute?! Oh, my! Happy times and a busy summer at your home. (Us too!) Glad to see you're alive and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok so you are the CUTEST person. Elle is gorgeous!! I loveee last chance but I don't give it enough attention. you can seriously find such amazing deals!! There are some awesome medical schools in AZ! If Tyler gets accepted I kinda vote that we become friends. deal? :)
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle is just getting more and more beautiful! So glad you're back to bloggin'! <3

    xo, kiely
    pocket of blossoms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! post more! I love elle's curls. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the cutest blog and I have been reading through all your posts (haha sorry, weirdo here). I saw that your husband is pre-med and I thought I'd say hi and wish you luck. My husband is a second-year medical student and I mostly blog about that. I am curious to see where you end up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the cutest blog and I have been reading through all your posts (haha sorry, weirdo here). I saw that your husband is pre-med and I thought I'd say hi and wish you luck. My husband is a second-year medical student and I mostly blog about that. I am curious to see where you end up. :)

    ReplyDelete