4.25.2015

OUR NEW HOME

We are officially moved down here to Utah and loving it! I grew up here and never thought it was anything special (I kind of got bored living here to be honest) but living in Rexburg sure gave me an appreciation for Utah. It's the greatest place and we are loving our new life here. 

We are still in the process of getting our apartment all settled. Tyler is searching for a job so in the meantime, I've been soaking in my time with him! We're on cloud nine because over the past couple years while we've been in school year round we didn't get to spend as much time with each other as we would have liked so it's been the BEST. 

Some things as of late…

Elle is 9 months! She says "mama" and "dada" and it's the BEST. She's been babbling and saying those sounds for a while now but we never were sure that she was actually connecting the two until now. It melts our hearts and we are LOVING this fun stage she is in. 


I played photographer for a little bit with my stunning 15 year old sister in law Rachel when she came to visit us last. Sheesh, I wish I looked like her at 15!!


Have you seen Meet the Mormons? Well they feature "The Candy Bomber" Gail Halvorsen. He is the father of my neighbor two houses up from my parents and he was visiting his daughter this week. As I was driving up to my parents, I saw him walking up the street! I pulled over and got a photo with him - he is absolutely inspiring!


We've been spending a lot of time with Tyler's sister Becky who is going to BYU. We are LOVING it. It was her birthday last week so we had her over and got vietnamese food and cupcakes to celebrate! They've got their cheesy smiles and peace signs DOWN.


Speaking of food. Have you been to Pizzeria Limone? My family really likes it but I hadn't ever been with them until a couple days ago when I went with my mom and sister Isabelle. Don't walk, run. It's AMAZING and affordable. We will definitely be back.


Lastly, love my little Elle girl. Snapped this on one of many trips to the hall during church on Sunday. She is the best. Love that little gummy smile of hers.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome! I love Pizzeria Limone! The divino dessert pizza will always be my fave haha. I can't remember if I aleady invited you, but I have a Facebook group for fun blogger meetups! It's pretty much solely for that, so there aren't any annoying "pimp your blog" sort of things. Anyway, you're welcome to join if you want! I think we are going to do a meetup pretty soon here in the future. I really want to go to Pizzeria Limone now haha so maybe we will do that! https://www.facebook.com/groups/873516729347895/

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's so darn cute!
    and happy moving to utah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! I guess it's like they always say, home is where the heart is. I'm sure you were just thirsty for a new scenery, which is why you needed to move out of Utah previously. At any rate, I'm glad you found that it is exactly what you needed to grow your roots, and I'm sure Elle would love growing up there, just as you did. I hope you're having fun on your new home, Madeline! All the best to you!

    Lois Becker @ Finlay Brewer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have high reasons to believe you're going to enjoy it back there in Utah, Madeline. The photos suggest so, and if we can't rely on visual proof, then what can? Haha! Anyway, I'm sure the move wasn't at all friendly, but I do hope you've managed to settle yourselves in quite nicely. Here's to a whole new adventure! :)

    Naomi Walters @ Chicora

    ReplyDelete
  6. First: LOVE pizzeria Limone.
    Second: Elle is angelic.
    Third: Miss you.

    THE END.

    haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Utah is a lovely place: great Midwestern sites, and lovely community. It’s good that you are finally settling in your new abode; at least this is one experience you can take note of in your mind when thinking of an ideal home. Good day!

    Willard Evans @ WOW! Homes

    ReplyDelete