2.01.2015

LIFE LATELY


When Elle was first born, I began taking pictures of her like a normal obsessive parent would. She just was too cute to handle that I couldn't help but post pictures of her daily! A couple months ago I realized that the world would be a whole lot better if people (like myself) would stop taking so many photos and just live. I then wondered how many moments I was only half there for because I was so busy capturing the moment in a photograph. I decided to put my camera on the shelf and use it less. As a result, I'm having a hard time finding the desire to blog because I don't have nearly as many pictures to post! 


A few days ago, I was talking to my adorable friend Jamie who blogs a lot more than I do and it occurred to me that I want to document life, I just don't want to be so consumed with it. This blog is my online journal and I love the thought having so many moments in our lives being recorded. So I have a new goal to blog at least once a week because Elle is growing up way too fast and I want to remember these moments, pictures and all. Balance in all things is key!

Lately….

Elle turned 6 months! 

She can officially sit up by herself and it blows my mind.

We are selling our 2012 Honda Civic! We are so blessed to have two cars thanks to my inlaws but our Highlander is a lot more expensive on gas (but who am I kidding, gas these days at less than $2 is making me sooo happy) so we end up taking that everywhere and rarely touching the Honda. So we are selling it to get a small 4-door car because let's be honest whoever invented 2-door cars was not a parent. So if anyone needs a new car let me know!


How adorable are these two?! Ahh my heart! My parents got us a gift card to our favorite restaurant in Idaho Falls so we used that last night and Elle was a dream. Such a perfect baby and we loved that she let us eat our meals uninterrupted. (praise to high chairs)


Speaking of food, cocoabean's smores cupcakes are seriously what dreams are made of.

And lastly, how hilarious are these little buns we put her hair into?!

9 comments:

  1. Love you!! Perfect goal and perfect little life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you are the best so glad to have you as one of my bestest friends!

      Delete
    2. I just noticed you changed your picture! I love it. So glad we were twins/sisters/bestfriends/soulmates in the pre existence. hahaha xoxo

      Delete
    3. AND title!! yay. so fun! haha sorry for the 500 comments. I'm slow.. but I eventually notice everything.. am I leaving anything out? haha

      Delete
  2. Love when you blog! Do you edit your photos? All your lighting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jennie!! yeah I usually do touch them up in lightroom! thank you!!

      Delete
  3. You and your family are soo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for blogging! You will LOVE having this journal to look back on. Sometimes I stalk myself from two or three years ago and a trip down memory lane does me good. Also, yes, CocoBean is the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elle is soooo cute! You should list your car on KSL we did that this past week with my husbands car and it sold in 24 hours! xo

    ReplyDelete