12.02.2014

JUST ONE OF THOSE JOURNAL TYPE POSTS

I haven't blogged about the rest of our trip to California which was almost a month ago. Yikes. I try really hard to record the major things that happen in our lives so here goes nothing. 

We spent the weekend before we picked up Tyler's sister in San Francisco and it was an absolute blast! On Sunday we drove down to Palo Alto to meet up with Scott Stonehocker who is one of the Vance's best family friends. We adore Scott so it was really fun. We went to the Stanford campus which was sooo beautiful. 

Can you even imagine walking around here to get to your classes?! 


Monday I met up with my old roommate Morghan and her mom - we shopped all morning! It was so much fun to see her. My mom always warned me that my roommates from college would become my best friends. She was right! (Poor Elle did not want a photo haha)

We went to the lookout over the Golden Gate Bridge. I've been here before and it's the most breathtaking view. The wind was horrendous, but here's a picture for your humor. 

We started driving up to Santa Rosa afterwards to a fireside at the mission home where we would be meeting Tyler's family to pick up his sister. We got a call that his family's flight had been delayed and they wouldn't make it until later that night. So - WE picked her up from her mission! haha! It was so fun to surprise her because she had no idea we were coming. It was quite the sight.. picking her up with all of the other missionaries and their parents. And then there was us. But it was so great to be reunited!!


We got to meet a lot of Becky's investigators. They were all such wonderful people and Becky was the BEST missionary. I am so so happy to have her home. I truly am so lucky to have her as a sister-in-law!

The rest of the week was spent eating amazing food (Panera 9 times whoops..), spending time together, playing, and shopping. 

Lucky for me, my father-in-law loves shopping (possibly more than I do..) so he took us out a few times. Clothes (and well.. everything in general is more expensive in Canada) so my in-laws love coming to the states to shop. If you've been to San Francisco, you know that Union Square is such a fun area to shop.  This was one of my favorite nights!

I have such wonderful and generous in-laws and it was a blast to spend time with us all together for the first time in 18 months. We can't wait until Christmastime when we get to see our family again!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful adventure.
    Is there a bride in front of the chapel? Do mormons get married ON their campus?
    I'm happy for your family being reunited again!
    Envious greetings for your warmish weather from snowy Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chapel on the Stanford campus is not an LDS chapel, I believe it is catholic but I could be wrong! Mormons get married for time and eternity in temples! Close by the Stanford campus is the Oakland Temple which is where Latter Day Saints from this area would marry! You should google it because it is beautiful! Hope you are loving the snow in Germany, I guess you will be definitely having a white christmas :)

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh - what i wouldn't give to pick MY sister up from her mission, i'm totally jealous! what a fun reunion. aaaaand, we are so in love with palo alto. jordan is convinced we will raise our family out there someday. haha! come visit the bay again this summer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Palo Alto is aaaahhhhmaaazzzinnng. My uncle used to live there and I've loved that area ever since. The only downside is that it's super pricey! But yes yes yes, I would LOVE to come visit haha. I'll start prepping my husband. ;)

      Delete
  3. I love San Fran! It has such a cool vibe to it. Also, I can't believe you got to pick up your sister in-law from her mission! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does have such a fun vibe!! It was a great experience!! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. We were just there for Thanksgiving! My dad actually was born in Santa Rosa and lived there until he left on his mission. It is such a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is SO COOL! I love it there so much… missing it this very minute!

      Delete