10.07.2014

THIS BEAUTIFUL FALL DAY

So it's the end of the first week in October and I had to turn the cold air on! Can you believe that?! It has been SO beautiful in Rexburg and I am not complaining one bit.

So what did we do? Stayed in our pajamas and didn't get ready all day! (Excuse our untamed bed head) Is she not the most precious thing? 


The one productive thing I did today? This past weekend Tyler and I went to Utah for our church's semiannual general conference. My mom bought us two huge boxes of peaches and tomatoes. I made the most amazing homemade tomato basil marinara sauce for the freezer (for those days when you need a fast dinner) and baby food! 

I know what you're thinking, "baby food?" - yes! Elle is only under 3 months but she will be eating solids in about 3 months and so I made pureed peaches and pears for her to store in the freezer until January or so when she starts eating. The fruits are delicious right now because they're in season so I took full advantage of it!

I skinned the fruit, pureed them in my vitamix with a tiny squeeze of fresh lemon juice to help the fruit from browning, froze in ice cube trays, and voila! 1oz servings ready to go. They will be great for eating alone or mixing together with other purees like carrots, sweet potatoes, or any veggie I can disguise into those yummy fruits :)

Two claps for relaxing, semi-productive days!

6 comments:

  1. Way to think ahead, mama! My boys started chomping away on rice cereal before five months, so she might be ready sooner than you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Ok that is crazy to think she may be starting in a few short months. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. so smart! i have tons of apples and peaches and pears i need to do this with!

    ReplyDelete