10.13.2014

3 MONTHS

Time is flying way too fast! It honestly feels like yesterday I was still pregnant but I have a three month old baby already.. How?! We are absolutely loving being parents. The night they handed Elle over to me all wrapped up, I was so overwhelmed with love. I thought that there was no way I could love her any more than I did holding her for the first time. What I didn't realize was that over the course of three months, I would become more attached to her and fall more in love with her that the love I felt three months ago would grow oh so much. We are obsessed with her to say the least!
(Side note: I had made these cute monthly templates to put on her pictures for my blog and instagram but for her last 3 months I have forgotten to use them.. I think I'm just going to give up and post plain pictures for now on haha)

I decided for her turning 3 months I would tell the story of how Tyler and I landed on the name Elle. It's actually pretty funny! I have loved the name Elle (pronounced "L") for as long as I can remember. My dad served his mission in France and fell in love with it there. My parents have been back more times than I have fingers, so as a result all of my sisters and I have French names. I kind of wanted to carry on the tradition, and from the moment we found out we were having a girl, Elle was the only girl name I even liked! I love it because it's so classy and timeless. Tyler didn't like it initially but I had a master plan. 

Over the course of 9 months I would randomly speak of our baby by calling her "Elle" and eventually it grew on Tyler. The funniest was when I had about 2 months of pregnancy left and he said, "so when Elle is born...." Then we both stopped & bursted out laughing. My plan worked! Eventually Tyler loved the name and "couldn't see her as anything other than Elle." We didn't talk about names too much my entire pregnancy other then when I would jokingly calling her Elle.

The morning after she was born my mom asked what we were going to name her! She knew that I loved Elle but Tyler and I really hadn't really talked about it too much. At that point I had honestly forgot we had to name her! The conversation went a little like this..

Tyler "So what should we name her? Let's just do Elle?"
Me "I don't know, should we?" (Choosing a name is kind of a big deal!)
Tyler, "Yeah! Why not!"

It was funny because of how really simple it was. The name Elle Sophia just fit her perfectly. We love her so much and are enjoying every day with her!

12 comments:

  1. I can't believe your baby is already 3 months! She is as beautiful as ever. Gah I want her hair haha! Thats such a cute story about her name. Names are SO hard but Elle suits her so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is cute. I always thought you pronounce it "L-EE". I think it's a beautiful name. Especially Elle Sophia. Sounds very French haha.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes lots of people think that, so no worries :) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. ah, she is such a beautiful little girl! the story of how her name came to be is so funny, like an afterthought. it fits her so perfectly though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also is this red i'm seeing show up in her hair?? (i've noticed it in your ig's too) i LOVE it!

      Delete
    2. YES! it's so different every single day hahaha but Tyler had red hair when he was a baby so that's where she's getting it we think! But yes, some days it's not red at all, some days it is. In pictures it photographs really different than it is so it's hard to tell.. who knows if it will stay but we love it! :)

      Delete
  4. Just found out I am having a girl too, so I have to know, where have you found all of her darling headbands?! She is such a beautiful baby and I love the name story. Us women know how to get what we want ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONGRATS! So happy for you, girls are SO fun! And yes we do haha :)

      Delete
  5. I'm not pregnant yet, but I'm going to start employing this tactic when talking about our future baby. That seems like a sure guarantee. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love that you are thinking ahead! :)

      Delete
  6. GAH! I can't get over how cute she is. I am SO glad i found your adorable blog.

    ReplyDelete