9.08.2014

A LIFE WITHOUT WIFI

Sooo we are back in Idaho! Finally! We haven't had wifi at our apartment - long story - but it will be back Friday! To recap a little - we finished our fun trip to Park City with my family and we were sad to leave. Sunday in Park City, in walked Mitt & Ann Romney. Yeah I whipped out my camera to take a picture, it's a once in a lifetime experience people!


Sunday afternoon, we RELAXED! Part of me felt a little guilty for not being one bit productive. But that thought got disrupted by cupcake wars real fast.


Tyler convinced me to go on a bike ride with him and I'm pretty sure his entire life was made. He loved it so much & it was so funny how HAPPY he was, so the next morning we went on another more intense mountain bike ride. I was not loving it (my dad is obsessed so he tried getting me into mountain biking as a kid. Ya know, bought a nice bike for me for Christmas every few years.. once again, sorry dad!) The ride was alright, but the company was even better. I'll keep biking every once in a while, but only out of true love for my husband!

Last time my sister and dad were in France they picked this up for me and I haven't made them because the instructions were in french! I tried to translate them a few months back but the box was using lingo that the translator didn't understand so it was a no-go. So I brought them up so my dad could translate for me! 
They were a TOTAL FAIL. So bad I didn't even take pictures. We barely even ate them. Haha learned my lesson. I think I'll stick to paying a whopping $3 for a teeny tiny cookie instead of making them. Either that or hire Meg Livingston.

The next day we were able to go pick up one of my favorite cousins to take him to the MTC! He flew all the way from Abu Dhabi so it was really neat to be the ones who got to drop him off! After we picked him up at the airport we spent some time on temple square and went to City Creek as well. 



Elder Merrill will be the best missionary. So happy for him!

9 comments:

  1. Funny story, the first thing I noticed in your Romney photo was the couple sitting at the end of the row in front of you. I know them from my ward when I was growing up I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is SO funny! What a small world, huh?

      Delete
  2. okay, i feel like i've said this before, but motherhood looks so great on you, you are glowing in every picture! you look so great, i cant even believe you recently had a baby! also, "that thought got disrupted by cupcakes wars real fast." that made me laugh so hard. I FEEL YOU, GIRL. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kayla you are so nice. Thank you! That means so much coming from you! But I'm glad I have a fellow girlfriend who loves cooking shows like I do :)

      Delete
  3. I am just reading a book right now that just talked about this, "Part of me felt a little guilty for not being one bit productive" We measure ourselves too much on how exhausted and accomplished we feel at the end of the day, when we should really be measuring how happy we are. Thats all that matters, and it looks like thats what you got out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I LOVE that! Seriously. I love it because it's so true. Especially as a mom, it's easy to not feel productive but it's only because how I measure my productivity now has changed. We are so wired to feel that we are only productive when working or accomplishing something monumental. I have to tell myself that I am still productive when I get myself showered, Elle bathed, fed, kept happy & the house clean - that's all accomplishing as well, just a different kind! Thanks Jess!!

      Delete
  4. Next time you're in Utah valley, you should come over & we can whip up a batch of maracons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be here this weekend but unfortunately our schedule is a little jam-packed. Next time though, please? I would LOVE love that.

      Delete
  5. have you looked into lauderee macarons? we had some when we were in nyc and they were the best macarons ever! apparently the chef like, released his recipe?? you could probably find it on google. i'm just dying for a free day to spend making them! i feel like the best recipes are always like, crazy intense and take a super long time, ya know? lol
    xoxo
    e

    the little diary

    ReplyDelete