9.23.2014

CANADA IS MY FAVOURITE

Notice my spelling there, eh? ^ :) Let me just start by saying that if you are able to make it all of the way through this post, let alone find it interesting, you deserve ten gold stars and a donut because I'm not sure how I would if I were you! My blog is pretty much our little families online journal - I can't wait to get it all printed out eventually because it truly is filled with so many details of our lives! Nevertheless, sometimes I think maybe I should just make my blog private because I'm not quite sure how anyone besides our close family and friends would find it the least bit interesting but hey! It's been a great thing for us so we will continue with it as of now :)

Elle slept almost the entire time on the way there which made me EXTREMELY nervous. I wanted her to sleep at night (she sleeps at night = I sleep at night) and she ended up sleeping perfectly that night which was a huge relief! Angel baby I tell you.

No matter how many times I cross the border it will forever make me super nervous. We cross at Sweet Grass/Coutts which is apparently a stricter border so maybe that has something to do with it. The border dudes scare the daylight outta me!

Once we crossed, Tyler switched our car over to kilometers but I hadn't realized it. I was like, "Holy cow - slow down Ty!" Haha turns out wasn't that fast anyways.

Tyler's dad bought paddle boards so we tried them out one day and fell in love. We did not anticipate using them so much this trip. My mother-in-law and sister-in-laws would watch Elle so Tyler and I could go and it was so much fun. Tyler's backyard looks over the bow river so it made paddle boarding super convenient! 

I have been dying to go to Lake Louise so we ended up doing that as well. Talk about stunning!

I had seen pictures of it on Pinterest over the years and even before meeting Ty I knew I wanted to go there. When we walked up to it, I literally gasped because it looks just like this in real life. I was so amazed!


Elle has been spoiled ALL week by her grandparents and aunts who adore her. Baths, galore! Elle got this darling swimsuit from my friend Aubrey so Emma (my sister-in-law) who loves swimming took her "swimming" in the tub :)


I'll update more of the trip when we get home! It's been wonderful!

9 comments:

  1. Holy. That lakes looks unreal!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. made it through:) I love reading your blog. I seriously think we would be great friends if we weren't so far away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're a great blogger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canada is the best! I am impressed by your spelling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i feel the same way about my blog! its a journal for me and my memories! its so fun to look back on old posts:) and holy moly canada looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love ALL of these pictures!! so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my lanta...just stumbled across your blog and I am so in love! Your family is just precious and your pictures are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. EXCUSE ME.
    It's been over 10 days since you blogged. I'm dying. Come back.

    ReplyDelete