8.12.2014

WEDDINGS, TRIPS TO UTAH, & FAMILY FUN

Tyler, Elle & I have been in Utah for the past week and it has been so fun to spend time at my parents with my family and have my in-laws in town as well! Double the family, double the fun. Tyler's cousin Stephanie, who is the one that set us up, got married so we mainly went down for her wedding. We were in Utah for 6 days and crammed so much in - but isn't that how it always goes?? It was my mom's birthday, the wedding, Tyler's grandparents went into the MTC (they're going to Ghana, Africa - how cool is that?) & we are blessed Elle on Sunday. Craziness! We laugh that one of these times we come to Utah, we will have NO plans so that we can just relax! It seems as if our days were booked full running a million miles an hour but we love it. Another plus of visiting home is the view outside my parents house. I forget how much I loved living so close to the mountains - they are truly breathtaking! 

One day we went shopping with Tyler's family (& my little sister tagged along) for everyone to find clothes for the wedding. I was pretty nervous about how Elle would do. She was an angel! She slept the entire time and we all had so much fun.




And lastly, the wedding! Oh - the wedding. I don't even know where to begin except for the fact that it was the most stunning wedding I have ever attended. It was so fun to spend the day with family celebrating a new addition & we are so happy for Ben and Stephanie! We feel lucky that my family gets along so well with my in-laws because my mom was also able to come and help us out with Elle. Thank goodness for moms! (I felt so lucky to have two with me all day!)






The wedding luncheon was at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City. Why oh why did I not take a single photo!? It was beautiful, delicious, and so much fun. The wedding dinner was at The Joseph Smith Memorial Bulding in SLC as well and everything about it was absolutely breathtaking. They flew in the flowers from Ecuador & everything about the entire dinner was stunning. There was so much attention to detail and I'm sure Tyler didn't understand why I was gah-gahing over every little detail. I wish I would have gotten more photos but we were having so much fun that I only took a couple. 



There is something about weddings that just makes me so happy. I love that they bring people together & this wedding did just that. I am so lucky to be married into the most phenomenal family! Although it was hard to leave our family, it's also very nice to be back home :) It's our first time without any help from parents, so Tyler and I start this whole motherhood/fatherhood SOLO thing today - wish us luck!!

8 comments:

  1. madeline, what a stunning view from your parents house! it's true--the mountains here are pretty spectacular! also, you look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the only picture I had and it just doesn't do it justice! Jealous of you that you get to live in Utah and see these beauties daily! & thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Elle looks so much like Tyler. She sure must be a daddy's girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is, Tyler just adores her - it's so sweet to watch! Thanks Katie!

      Delete
  3. Every picture is a beauty! Ok we totally got her wedding announcement, it's sitting on our kitchen counter haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I spent a couple minutes trying to figure out how or why you would have their invite but duh I forgot your mom grew up with her mom pretty much haha! So fun!

      Delete
  4. her blue dress is adorable!! i love your little family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a newborn size so sadly she will only get to wear it like once haha. Thanks Camilla!

      Delete