8.13.2014

ELLE'S BLESSING DAY

We decided to bless Elle this last Sunday at the home ward I grew up in! Tyler had a lot of family in town from Canada that wouldn't have been able to come if we had waited to bless her in Idaho, so we decided to go for it even though Elle was a wee three weeks old! 





Elle's dress is Little Things Mean A Lot and we got an amazing deal on it. I had seen this dress online for an outrageous amount of money but the warehouse for the company is in Utah, so my mom went down to it & worked some serious magic. The dress was discontinued because the manufacturer for the lace had stopped making this particular kind of lace, but my mom was super nice (ya know, kill em with kindness?) to the lady at the office & she ended up selling us the last dress which was a sample. 


Like I said we got an amazing deal on it and I wish that the pictures I took did this dress justice. It looks even more beautiful in person & I know it's something we will keep for forever and hopefully pass down!


We then had all of our families over to my parents house for a light lunch. It was so much fun! 


My best friend Ashlyn came over (because she is family of course) and took my camera during the lunch to snap some pictures. I am posting this picture in her honor because she kept trying to get pictures of me eating and it's very flattering, let me tell you!

And of course, a three generation photo with my mom and g-ma!


It really was a perfect day (other than the fact that Elle peed and pooped all in her dress moments after the above photo was taken. Haha, ohh the reality of motherhood :) ) The weather was wonderful, her blessing was beautiful & what is better than time with family?! We feel so blessed!

16 comments:

  1. That dress is the cutest blessing dress I have ever seen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I love reading it! I am pregnant and due in January, so it is fun to read your experiences, and look forward to having my own baby. This looks like it was such a special day. You and your baby are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camille!! That is so exciting, congrats! You will LOVE being a mom! Let me know if you have any questions - I had so many throughout my entire pregnancy :)

      Delete
  3. that dress is absolutely gorgeous! what a beautiful day!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that dress! seriously most beautiful baby girl! such sweet pictures! love your little family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you cute Kelli! You are the sweetest!!

      Delete
  5. You lucked out big time on her dress! It is gorgeous and the perfect dress to pass down to generations to come!! And seriously how gorgeous are you?! Seriously you are glowing! The picture of you holding Elle deserves to be blown up and framed! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I did! I kind of want the same dress but in my own size, haha! But okay you just made my whole day thanks so much!

      Delete
  6. Love the dress! Looks like it was a lovely day. I know I've said this before, but boy, does she look so much like Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It truly was! That's so funny you say that because lots of people say they either say she looks like Tyler, or they can't see Tyler in her at all! H

      Delete
  7. SO awesome!!! Happy baby blessing!!!! Congrats to the darling and proud parents!

    ReplyDelete