7.07.2014

THE CALGARY STAMPEDE, EH?

I convinced Tyler a few weeks ago that we needed to take advantage of our 4th of July break to go up to Canada! Traveling while 37 weeks isn't the smartest idea but we decided to go for it :) The day before we left, we went to the doctor and they checked my cervix and said it was completely closed and we were good to go - our chances of this baby coming were slim! Plus, Tyler's grandpa is a doctor and has delivered babies so we figured worst case scenario he could help us deliver the baby haha! 

Driving into Calgary.. 

Tyler and his dad - finally reunited!

On Thursday we got picked up by this fun car to go to the Sneak n' Peak for the Calgary Stampede. It was so much fun and we were so glad to go before the official start because not only was it the best weather, but we got to skip the crowds! 

I love this photo because Tyler looks like a legit cowboy haha. He hates it though because he knows its just not "him" - so hopefully he doesn't read my blog and see it ;) 


There is ALL sorts of fun at the stampede.. and one of our favorites was this personalized coke can station. I thought we were making each other cute little cans but Tyler turns everything into a joke and ended up putting "Lafonda" on my can, haha. Keeps me laughing!




Did I mention that I SCORED with amazing in-laws? They arranged this entire afternoon for us and it was so much fun to go to the stampede with them. My father-in-law was loving the carnival food (but hey, Tyler and I were too so we weren't complaining!) So we tried just about everything the stampede had to offer. 







On Friday, Tyler went on a hike with his Dad and I went shopping with my cute mother-in-law! She absolutely spoiled our baby with lots of clothes and baby supplies. It's always so fun to shop in Canada because there are stores that the U.S. doesn't have! My favorite mall there is Chinook Centre - they have every store you could possibly think of. Anthro, J. Crew, Target, Tiffany & Co., Tory Burch, and a lot of other Canadian stores… many of them I just look at & don't buy much since, hello! ($$$) but the list goes on & on and it's so fun to shop there. The little girl section in the Zara store just about threw me over the edge - everything there was TO DIE FOR. A little sneak peak...

It was also my cute sister-in-law's 15th birthday while we were in Calgary so of course we celebrated that! Happy birthday Rachel!

At the Stampede, Tyler's dad bought this little machine called "Dr. Ho's" and so we spent HOURS playing with it. Don't worry, I didn't because I am pregnant :)





Between a lot of yummy food, shopping & spending time with family - I can't think of a better way to have spent our last hurrah before baby comes! 

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha thanks for commenting babe, good times for sure:)

      Delete
    2. hahahahahahahaha i love this

      Delete
  2. My brother is serving a mission in Calgary, and he said that if they took one step onto the stampede that they'd get sent home! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! That is so cool! What area is he serving in right now?

      Delete
    2. He is right in the middle of Calgary.

      Delete
  3. FUN! I would have never thought to go to another country for the fourth, but it looks like you can find celebration anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we didn't exactly get to celebrate the 4th but it was worth it to get to see my in-laws! I hope your 4th was so fun!

      Delete
  4. I love the Calgary Stampede!! Good fun :) Looks like you two had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was so fun! Thanks Celeste!

      Delete
  5. Glad you had fun here in Calgary! I attend the Stampede almost every year (just not this year - too hot and crowded for a newborn) and I love it! The mini donuts are my FAVOURITE! Did you attend the Grandstand show? If you didn't, you have to go next time - it's the best part of Stampede and a must see!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this year you had a really good excuse to stay home, although I'm sure in years to come your little girl will love coming with you! :) We had tickets to the Grandstand show, but we thought it started at 8pm when it didn't start until about 10pm. I was so tired and both my back/feet were hurting really bad from walking around all day so we called it quits early unfortunately. Next year I want to go though!

      Delete