7.28.2014

ONE WEEK

Elle has been here for one week and we are still loving every bit of having her here! Our first night home with her was pretty rough. She was bright eyed and awake a lot of the night. Luckily, she doesn't cry much. But, she was squirming, clearly uncomfortable, and wouldn't go to bed - so we couldn't go to bed. Both Tyler and I looked at each other at one point at about 3:30am and said, "We can't do this!" We were complete zombies and knew that we wouldn't survive that type of lifestyle. Haha! Well - the morning always comes & we did our best the next day to keep Elle up from about 5pm until 8pm which was part of our newly devised plan to get some sleep our second night. Sure enough we were able to keep her up starting around 5pm or so, and when 8pm rolled around, we fed her, burped her & she went right to sleep. We went to sleep, even though it was early, and we were able to sleep until about 11:30pm when we woke up to her fussing. (Thus far we have been blessed with a baby who only fusses when something is wrong. Whether it be hungry, dirty diaper or trying to get a burp up) So when she woke up around 11:30pm, I fed her and she went right back to sleep! She woke up again around 2am and 5am and I was able to quickly feed her, burp her, and get her right to sleep. Because it was so easy, I didnt even wake Tyler up to do those quick feedings. The next morning Tyler exclaimed, "Last night was amazing! We have a perfect baby!" Haha we laughed - I wouldn't say it was necessarily amazing because I was still up a couple hours with feeding her, but she was MUCH, much better & we say a prayer of gratitude every day for such a great baby. Moral of the story is that we decided we actually CAN do this! Obviously she is a human and will have bad days and fussy nights - we're sure of that - but we are realizing that it's all doable.


^She does this little scowl & it's so precious.

The hardest part of it all has been getting up and down to feed her in the night with my sore incision from my c-section. I can only imagine how it will be when it is finally healed up - I can do this! On another note, one of the best things about having our sweet Elle with us now is watching Tyler be a daddy, something I was so excited for from the beginning and something that I know he was scared about. Tyler had always been so excited to be a father, but he also wasn’t afraid to tell me about his worries and insecurities when it came to actually becoming a father. Seeing the love on his face for Elle the moment she was born, and the way he cradles and looks at her absolutely melts my heart in a way I have never felt before. I love him so much for this lifelong role he has stepped into and already, and he is the best father for Elle that I could ever ask for!

I have started writing a birth story - but it still has a lot of work. I had no idea that babies slept as much as they do so I definitely have the time to write it, it's just been a matter of actually doing it! But i'll finish eventually :) 

15 comments:

  1. ahhh she is so so precious.
    i'm officially 100% baby hungry now.
    she is just so so so so darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Your little Ellie makes me so excited for when Elle gets a little older. Each stage is so fun - I am doing my best to enjoy the moments while they last!

      Delete
  2. So so so darling! I love watching men with tiny babies. It's so special. Also, you have an angel baby there. She came out seemingly knowing her nights from days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the sweetest?? And she really is an angel baby - we are crossing our fingers it doesn't change :)

      Delete
  3. Ah! Madeline! She is just perfect!! Seriously, such a cute babe.
    Good job Mom and Dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about your life Mad! Such a beautiful family you have. I'm not even a mom yet, but that first picture of you with Elle on your chest is a perfect example of motherhood I feel like. You look gorgeous, and you can just see the love that you and Tyler have for Elle radiating from your eyes! Much love sweet lady.

    Ry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sariah that was the nicest comment, seriously! Thank you so much. It's been the best experience the past couple weeks, we really do love parenthood despite the raging hormones that I have and lack of sleep, but it's just so amazing. It makes me grateful for MY mom! I hope you're doing well cute girl :)

      Delete
  5. how do you look so beautiful and radiant just after giving birth and getting no sleep? I am going to look like a zombie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay you sweet girl seriously thanks for the compliment because I don't feel like that at all! I'm convinced that I am running off of love and adrenaline - it's the best!! I am so excited for you!

      Delete
  6. oh my gosh! she is beautiful!

    xo, Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found your blog. YOUR BABY IS ADORABLE AND AS ARE YOU.
    xoxo
    e
    the little diary

    ReplyDelete