7.20.2014

A LITTLE FHE PICNIC

This post is a few weeks overdue but it was just so much fun that I have to document it, even though it's late. Since being pregnant & being in classes all day (20 credit hours, again - grrr) I get home and am pretty much just so tired haha. Tyler and I were talking a few weeks ago and he said something about wishing we could do more "outdoorsy" things. Haha - typical boy :) Not going to lie.. when he said that.. in my head I was thinking, "Well too bad you have a tired preggy wifey…" But honestly, he had a point because getting outside always feels so good, even when it's hard for me to initially do it. 


Now my mom is kind of anti-yard sales but my grandma just loves them, so I have many fond memories of tagging along with her on Saturday mornings in the summer growing up. I went with her a few years ago when I was in high school & I found this adorable picnic basket for $2 and have been dying for an excuse to put it to use! It was a win-win.


I decided to plan a surprise activity for our family home evening and it turned out so perfect. A picnic in the park! I surprised him with all of his favorite (not so healthy) foods like a donut with milk, coke, martinelli's and sweet onion chips. 






After our little picnic, we threw a football around and took a walk around Porter Park & it was so so much fun. We both kept saying, "Now why don't we do this every single week!?" We can't wait for our baby to come so we can bring her along with us in her little stroller :) 

3 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute. We love picnics and I've been trying to find a cute little basket everywhere. The ones I found were so expensive. ): Picnics are like an adventurous dinner.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fun! I love picnics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH! Congratulations! So happy she's finally here! I am begging for more fotos!

    ReplyDelete