7.11.2014

38 WEEK BUMPDATE


How far along? 38 weeks! This could be my last bumpdate, ya never know! (But let's be real, I probably just jinxed myself just by saying that..)
Cravings? Spaghetti, spaghetti, and more spaghetti!
Weight gain? 20 pounds!
Stretch marks? Yes, I finally got some on my lower belly. At first I was like noooo but then I realized that my body is so amazing to be able to grow another human, and really they're not that bad. :)
Sleep? Other than being so hot all the time, good! (I now get why people would say 'Good luck being pregnant in the summer!' - ha!)

All in all, I'm just SO ready and SO done being pregnant. It's been too much waiting, and we are to the point where we just want to meet our little girl already! I know i've been saying that for a few months, but I really mean it this time :) I'm so curious as to what she is going to look like, how much she will weigh (crossing my fingers for a 6 pounder because my belly honestly is not that big haha), and getting to know her sweet personality. It's such a blessing to have been able to grow a baby in my body. I seriously cannot believe how amazing women's bodies are. 

I had my 38 week appt. yesterday and my doctor said my cervix is still completely shut. Ugh. I was so bummed. I wanted to say "Are you suuuure?" He said I am maybe about 25% effaced, but still not many signs of baby coming. I started getting braxton hicks contractions about 30 weeks or so, but now they come sometimes every ten minutes and boy do they come on strong! Sometimes I struggle even walking through them. I had convinced myself that because I had been feeling them that it would mean birth was just around the corner, but I was wrong. In addition, my entire pregnancy, baby girl has been hugging my right side and when he felt around at my appointment she was sure enough hugging the right side. Luckily she's head down, but the doctor wants to do an ultrasound next Friday to take a more in depth look so I'm crossing my fingers that she moves to a better birthing position but I'm also so secretly happy to get an ultrasound at 39 weeks.  Here's to the home stretch! 

This morning, I woke up bright and early and headed down with my Child & Advocacy class to SLC for a field trip. 
It was SO much fun and made me want to do more to stand up for what I believe in. We met with the head of the LDS Church's social media/public relations guy who talked to us all about how the church handles all the (good and bad) media. It was so interesting. Then we also spent some time on temple square, watched the most amazing video on The Proclamation (which they said is only available to watch on temple square - which darn, it was so good!), met with senators, people from United Families International and pretty much learned how we can better advocate as individuals in our communities. 


In addition to Cheesecake Factory for lunch, we stopped at in-n-out for dinner & it was to DIE for. Gosh, I miss living so close to an in-n-out. But it's a good thing let's be honest. Oh and in case you were wondering, this is what happiness looks like:



12 comments:

  1. Looking hot babe. Since you weren't home I had to eat mcdonalds. 10 minutes later I played basketball. Not a good choice. Just wanted to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for sharing that. Love you!

      Delete
  2. You ARE so darn cute! As well as your hubs up there^^^. hehe Can't wait to "meet" baby girl either. Yay for the homestretch! I had an ultrasound at 39 weeks and that's when they decided to induce me the next day. But that was with baby #2 and he was looking BIG. He was big! :) haha Good luck! It is sooo hard to go over due. I cried on day three. And then I went into labor just hours later. Best wishes for a smooth and healthy delivery.

    Also, what a fun fun interesting/informative trip to SLC. I would have loved a field trip like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it looks like we both found out some news at our 39 week ultrasounds! Haha that is so crazy to find out you are being induced, I bet you were surprised but also very excited, anxious, all the above :) Thank you so much though, I can't imagine going overdue. The clock would seem to move so slowly!!

      Delete
  3. ahh so excited!! you're almost there! Don't worry, the little girl will come out when she is ready. And yes in-n-out is delicious.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you Mila! We are so anxious to meet her :)

      Delete
  4. You look so beautiful, friend! I can't believe it's almost time for your baby girl to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, thank you! It seems like the entire pregnancy went by so fast, but also so slow! We can't believe it's finally here :)

      Delete
  5. You are so stinking cute! I love reading all of your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charissa! That means a lot, you're so sweet!

      Delete
  6. I would be very interested in watching that Proclamation movie at Temple Square. Where did you go to watch/where does the general public go to watch? And good luck with the new baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing, please go see it if you get the chance! It was at the North Visitors Center on Temple Square and I am assuming the general public can go, but I'm not sure. Thank you! :)

      Delete