6.17.2014

THE NURSERY

Our babe's nursery is finally (finally!) done! 

My family came up to Idaho this last weekend and we spent 14 hours all day Saturday and most of Sunday morning getting it all put together. This preggy lady was beyond worn out! We had so much fun though & I couldn't have done it all without all the help I had! My mom, like most amazing moms, sped up the process by about 100 times. She brought everything up from Utah for us and my poor dad spent a lot of time helping us with getting the dots even, lifting, carrying, and putting together a lot of different things (on his birthday AND father's day!) I am so grateful for their help… I sure love them.

This nursery was tricky because we live in a small apartment and I wasn't sure how I was going to get it to look how I wanted in such a small space. I had a really hard time choosing out all of the different fabrics to use for the window treatment, crib skirt, etc. so it was a relief when it was all put together and I loved the end result! (& might I add that we got everything for amazing deals.. this girl loves a good deal.) We are now officially ready for her to come. Hint, hint, baby girl. You can come anytime now!












27 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, it turned out amazing!!! :) I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you kidding me? this nursery is perfect!! you can come decorate my apartment anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha kayla you are too nice, unfortunately I put all of my decorating energy into this room so how about you come help me with the rest of my house and then we will do yours?! ;)

      Delete
  3. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that contact paper on the wall?? I'm looking for something easy to transport that we can decorate with when we move to Grenada next month. And if so, do you know if it comes off easily? Whatever it is, it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, from what I read contact paper is really heavy duty and isn't ideal for putting on a wall that isn't yours. Since we rent, we just went with vinyl and it worked perfect and will be super easy to take off when we move in a few months. Thank you!!

      Delete
  5. Wow! Looks like something out of a decorating magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie, and thank you for letting Claire do those dots! You are AWESOME!

      Delete
  6. So dang cute Madeline!! You are adorable :) Can't wait to see pictures of that beautiful baby girl!

    celesteandcraig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celeste! You're the sweetest! :)

      Delete
  7. Very very cute! Was your landlords okay with the poka dots on the wall, since it's in an apartment and where did you find renter friendly wall prints?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We just used vinyl, so we didn't ask our landlord :) It peels right off and we even moved a couple dots a bit and they work great for renting! My uncle owns a vinyl machine, and my sister works for my uncle, so she was able to cut out the dots for me - but I'm sure you could find similar ones online!

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness I'm in love!!!! So girly and sweet! So well done, good job Madeline! I didn't expect anything less than amazing! Seriously all you're missing is that baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whit you are the sweetest! I can't wait to see yours - finish up & post pictures, I'm sure it will be beyond beautiful!!

      Delete
  9. This is absolutely adorable! In LOVE with your baby's nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has the perfect amount of feminine. I love it. No, actually I don't love it.. I'm OBSESSED with it.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cute Mila - inspired by your gold pillows ;)

      Delete
  11. I AM DYING. This room is perfect, ummmm can you also come decorate my apartment? haha I am soooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you are so cute to be so excited for me! Thank you cute girl!!

      Delete
  12. DARLING!!! Wish I had your sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie - you do!! I've seen snip its of your house, the way you dress up your boys, trust me, you've got style :)

      Delete
  13. So cute. Baby girl will love it. And I am jealous, my baby is 2 months old and her nursery is still not done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The room is simply adorable. I love the colors you chose and the gold polka dots! Did you paint them on or are they vinyl? Seriously though this room is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where did your get that mirror

    ReplyDelete