5.20.2014

QUICK & YUMMY SUMMER MEALS

I understand all girls, and all wives are different but one thing I do every day is make my husband dinner. Even though I'm crazy busy, it's one of Tyler's favorite things when I cook so it's just one of those prioritities I make every day to do. Now of course, there are random crazy days where making a full dinner is just not possible. We are normal people and have those days too :)  Tyler is so sweet by always telling me how amazing I am at cooking which makes going through the efforts of spending time making dinner so worth it. He always exclaims, "How are you so amazing at such a young age?! I hit the wife jackpot!" As long as he continues the non-stop compliments, he will continue to get dinner each night that's for sure!

Anyways, my point of this is to post a few quick and yummy summer meals that are our favorites. I'm not crazy into "clean eating" if you're familiar with that whole trend, but these meals are all really well balanced and pretty healthy! And yummy. And delicious. 

You're welcome. 

1. Gourmet BLT's

This meal is as simple as it comes. Our local grocery story sells freshly baked artisan bread so we love using the sourdough or the wholegrain. The bread makes a world of difference, trust me! I put slices of the bread in the oven on broil with fresh (or not fresh) mozzarella and let it melt. The cheese gets melted, the bread toasty, and it's oh so yum. Then I take the bread out, spread garlic aioli on one side (mayo, a little squeeze of lemon & a tiny bit of minced garlic). Top with bacon (turkey bacon if you're wanting to be more healthy than we are), fresh tomatoes, lettuce, and avocado. So yum!

2. Teriyaki Chicken Bowls (click here for recipe)

This is also another easy meal that is so good! I always double the teriyaki sauce recipe because it's so good. Steam fresh carrots, broccoli & zucchini for a side. We will also serve it on brown rice some days which is so good too!

3. Grilled Summer Chicken 
I use this marinade, which is my go-to, for the chicken. As for the brussel sprouts.. oh my gosh these are so delicious when you roast them. Put them in a ziplock, add a splash of olive oil, kosher salt, pepper & minced garlic. Mix everything up & put onto a baking sheet. Roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes. The crispier the better, trust me!

4. Grilled Chicken Gyros (click here for recipe)
We died and went to heaven when we tried these. So fresh, so healthy, and SO easy! We do it simple, and just serve them with chopped tomatoes, lettuce, and the tzatziki sauce. The key we've found is to seriously GRILL the chicken. Nothing makes up for that! This is probably our favorite of them all because it's so cheap, easy, I could go on and on for days!

I post these because some weeks I just STRUGGLE to come up with new ideas! Hopefully these help you, and if you have any favorite recipes please don't hesitate to post below in the comments because I'm always looking for suggestions!

9 comments:

  1. I love cooking for my husband every night too! The compliments always help:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they always help! Makes all the efforts 100% worth it :)

      Delete
  2. That BLT sounds delicious!! Can't wait to try some of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! You'll have to let me know how they go for you!!

      Delete
  3. All of this looks so delicious! This reminds me, I really need to teach myself to cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm sure you are great at cooking Tara - and I am the worst with emails I promise I will email you SOON!!!

      Delete
  4. These look so good! Question: Where did you get your white plates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are just from IKEA.. They were like 70 cents or something. So cheap, we love them!

      Delete
  5. I almost feel guilty about wanting those delectable dishes. Then I remembered its summer and I can burn the extra calories off fast, if ever I indulge myself with treats like those. Add that to the fact that they're healthy to boot, basing on all those lovely greens. I'm definitely going to research on them and try them out for myself. Thanks for sharing them! All the best!

    Alexis Webb @ 7 West Bistro

    ReplyDelete