5.25.2014

FRIDAY FUN

Tyler and I headed down to Utah for the long weekend and of course we love coming here for sooo many reasons. One of them being the amazing weather. We could get used to it for sure :) 

My mom & I made a goal to get everything purchased and ready for the nursery while I am here. I had two completely different ideas that I was thinking for the nursery. One was really modern and the other was a little more girly & classy. I had been planning on the more modern idea but as my mom and I started brainstorming late friday night nothing was coming together quite right, so we decided to go with the second idea. Now that that's decided, we have been having so much fun getting everything ready! 

Before shopping, we stopped at in-n-out (both mine & tyler's request) because you can never go wrong with in-n-out, am I right? I mean, $2 for a fresh burger loaded with fresh tomatoes & lettuce? (I always order extra of that) So cheap. So good. I could go on but I don't want to sound like a fattie so I'll stop there :)


After this we hit the ground running, headed up to SLC, and got a lot done! (Tyler & my dad went mountain biking of course) I had ordered the perfect rug from Crate & Barrel but with this change in nursery plans I had to return it. It was bittersweet but it was a little overpriced anyways so we spent the afternoon looking for new additions and it was so fun. These two are the best little shopping buddies..

After a fun day we had a family BBQ. My mom's grilled pizzas are legendary and I had been craving these for a solid two months. I ate two.. so that was good. (*trying to justify that with pregnancy-related reasons)


I also realized during dinner that our little girl is going to LOVE coming to grandma & grandpas because she will get to play in the playhouse my dad built years ago for us! SO many fun memories in this house..

And right now I'm just blogging away because my family has 1 o'clock church (I'm sorry, but it's the worst time ever) so here's my view:

Happy memorial day weekend!

8 comments:

  1. You are darling! Sounds like so much fun, I can't wait to see it all put together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will definitely post pictures! Its taking longer than I thought I would to get it all done but it'll be done eventually :) Thanks Morgan!!

      Delete
  2. your family is so darling! I love it. and 1 o'clock church, are you kidding me? It's the best. Ours is 1 o'clock and we love it. Plenty of time to sleep in, no reason to set an alarm and as soon as we get out we head over to family and dinner is served with little to no wait! Love it!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet Mila thank you!! Haha and yes 1 o'clock.. I wish we loved it but we just don't'! But hey, the sleeping in is always a HUGE plus. I'm just a morning person so I prefer to start my day bright & early (crazy right??)

      Delete
  3. So fun! Those pizzas look delicious; I'm thinking you should post a quick recipe... ;) We have one o'clock church too and it drives me nuts. Its so much harder with a toddler. We have limited time to feed him lunch and he pretty never gets an afternoon nap. I can't wait til we have our 11 time slot back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I will have to get the recipe from my mom. The best part is the pizza crust. The rest is super simple, you brush a mixture of olive oil, minced garlic & kosher salt on the top of the pizza, then top with fresh sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella & fresh basil! We add balsamic on top afterwards too, but they're just so good and really so healthy for you!! And also I can't imagine 1 o'clock church with a toddler.. all morning we were like what are we supposed to do?! Haha but we definitely love 11 o'clock too :) It's the perfect time!

      Delete
  4. I agree with Allison! I want a recipe!! Looks so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I told Allison the secret is the pizza dough recipe, but the rest is super super simple! I haven't ever made them myself but I really need to because they are so much easier than they look!

      Delete