4.16.2014

A DAY AT THE BEACH

Today we woke up LATE, and when I say late I mean really late. Tyler and I normally get up around 7am, so to wake up at almost 10am.. it only means one thing: vacation!! We were both so surprised that our bodies were even able to wake up that late but it we secretly loved it of course. We started getting ready to head out for breakfast and then to the beach! Because I'm not going to sugar coat this vacation, I will be honest and say that we had a rough morning. As we started getting ready, I tried on every single outfit/combination that I had brought (I over pack so that is a lot) and was feeling not so good about my new bump friend, aka my baby bump. Tyler mentioned that he thinks he had gained 5 pounds already on this trip and so I started crying. Yes, crying!! So silly, but I really do feel these pregnancy hormones - and some days (like today) more than others. I just felt like my body wasn't my own - and that this baby was changing every aspect about my figure, my shape, and well basically everything in general. I felt like a whale in each outfit but luckily I have a husband who was patient and loving like none other and waited patiently while telling me I looked beautiful over and over again.

Finally by noon I had collected myself and realized that all is good - and finally we were ready to go. We used yelp of course to find a little brunch cafe that everyone raves about, and it was only a few blocks down so we decided to give it a shot. We love splitting meals at restaurants because it saves so much money and usually by ordering an appetizer and a meal, we are both stuffed WITH leftovers! Because it was so late and we were starving, we really hesitated sharing but I knew that we wouldn't eat as much as we thought we would. 
We ordered a stack of blackberry and banana pancakes with a side of eggs & bacon. Oh my goodness it was all so yummy - we may have to go back tomorrow!! (Good thing they're not open late at night because I could surely see myself asking Tyler to head there for a late night "pregnancy craving")

We then made our way to La Jolla Shores for a day at the beach - finally! I was actually glad we didn't get there until around one because the sky had cleared up and it had warmed up a LOT.

If you're ever near southern California, you must find this beach! It was so beautiful, the sun was shining, and the water was so blue. Tyler rented a surfboard and wetsuit and we spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing, soaking in the sun and playing in the water.




We are LOVING this "Babymoon" - I am finally admitting to Tyler that this whole trip idea was genius. The next time we take a trip as a couple, I'll probably be stressing about who we leave our daughter with, if she's okay, and other mom worries. We are soaking every minute in!

8 comments:

  1. Loved this post! & you ALWAYS look adorable with your "bump friend," Madeline. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma - what a sweet compliment! You're the best :)

      Delete
  2. Hands down, one of my favorite beaches of all time too! Aww, I miss San Diego! Sooo happy you two are soaking it in together. Also, totally been there with those pregnancy hormones too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie I'm glad you know what I am talking about, about the hormones :) Haha, but yes that beach is just so beautiful we love it too!! Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. my mom grew up a block from that beach seriously the prettiest beach and not overly crowded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay no way... My husband and I were seriously talking "What would it be like to live here.." I bet she loved it - it's so gorgeous!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy sleeping in while you can! I totally remember hating getting dressed in the morning. I wear scrubs everyday of the week, so Sundays are my days to dress up and look nice, but while I was pregnant I would try on outfit, after outfit, and still felt like a cow. Those days of pregnancy are hard, but then you feel the baby kick, and you kind of get over it, am I right? Have fun on the rest of your Babymoon, it looks like a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes! We are enjoying it while we can. But what you described is exactly how I feel! You're right though, once I get over those moments, I realize that this entire process is so wonderful and beautiful. Thank you for your kind words Allison :)

      Delete