4.04.2014

10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT PREGNANCY

I've heard a lot of "I bet it's no fun to be pregnant…" lately which is sad because I have had the most amazing experience being pregnant! I just love it, and part of me knows that it's just the second trimester high (which is coming to a close..) but I'm really just loving every moment of it. I was thinking the other night why there can be so much negative connotations about something so wonderful. I mean, sure my ribs feel like they're being torn apart, but there is just so much good that I have a hard time complaining about the bad. I came up with a little list of the best parts of being pregnant:

  1. You get to eat whatever you want, whenever you want. And nobody says anything. Why? Because you're pregnant!
  2. Getting 12 hours of sleep at night is completely acceptable.
  3. You're a walking sympathy ad. People can't help but offer you their seat, open your door, help you carry things, etc. Everyone is just so nice!
  4. If you're like me and haven't ever had boobs, get pregnant because you'll grow a couple cup sizes in a matter of months! (TMI?)
  5. Since you keep getting bigger, you have to go shopping for new clothes that actually fit. Valid excuse to shop, yes please!
  6. The special reserved parking spot for pregnant women at the grocery store… I could get used to that.
  7. Your husband is extra nice and attentive to you. (not that he's not normally, but he makes me feel extra special because I am indeed growing another human inside of me.)
  8. Daily back massages from my cute husband, bring 'em on!
  9. Leggings every day… not that I didn't do that before :) 
  10. My hair grows sooo fast, thank you prenatal vitamins!

Now don't get me wrong, not everyday is picture perfect. Some days I look at the number on the scale and think, "What have I done to my body?!" But for the most part it has been such a wonderful experience. We're now at week 24 which means 16 more weeks & I couldn't be more excited!

11 comments:

  1. You're the cutest. And I LOVE reading your blog. I love the outlook you have on life and how happy you are! Definitely someone I, and I'm sure many others, look up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JanaLe you just made my day, thanks so much! You are so cute!

      Delete
  2. I'm the same way! I LOVE BEING PREGNANT! Sure there are things that are not ideal but the good by far outweighs!! And please you've gained what 4 pounds? You're looking fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love it and I'm so glad you do too!! & well it was 4 pounds but now I'm up to about 10 haha. Oh well, I knew this would be part of the process, right? :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, my. Look at your belly! I love this post so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's sure showing these days!! Thanks so much Tara!

      Delete
  4. I love the new blog look! Very, very cute. And you, my dear, are thee cutest prego lady out there! I can't wait to see you with a baby in your arms. This post reminded me of one I wrote while pregnant with #2: The Side Effects of Pregnancy. Haha http://bronandjessie.blogspot.com/2012/06/side-effects-of-pregnancy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie you are so sweet, you know how it is, you sure don't feel cute all the time haha. I will go check out that post, thank you!!

      Delete
  5. i love that you are taking time to find the good things about pregnancy. you are seriously so adorable!

    ReplyDelete