2.27.2014

TODAY'S PROJECT

This past weekend, Tyler and I took a spur-of-the-moment trip to Utah. We were literally only home for like 18 hours haha, but it was so fun and so great. While Tyler and my dad went mountain biking, my mom, sister Isabelle & I went shopping! I had been dying to go shopping ever since we found out we were having a girl and I was so happy to have some time with them. We started at IKEA (they didn't have the dresser I wanted so that was sad..)

Then we headed over to Nordstrom, the rack, Ralph Lauren and J. Crew. (Cutest baby clothes ever and I am loving that everything, seriously everything is on sale right now!) I have wanted a bigger Kate Spade purse for a long time and my sweet husband always tells me to buy one every time we go shopping. I always say no because they are just so expensive but I decided that I'm going to try to double one as a diaper bag.. :) My mom doesn't think it will work but I'm giving it a shot! I just don't love any of the diaper bags out there and it kills me to spend a hundred dollars or more on a diaper bag that I don't even like! Long story short I found this beautiful bag and it was on sale which made me so happy because it was my favorite one. I wasn't going to buy it but my cute husband kept saying for me to.  I was finally convinced and now I am just loving it!


Our last stop was the fabric store. I wanted to get more fabric to make cute little headband bows. After shopping around my mom told me I could pick whatever fabric I wanted for a quilt and she would buy it for me! I was in heaven because quilting is one of my favorite hobbies but it's just so expensive that I never really do it anymore. Does anyone else love quilting but hate spending hundreds of dollars to do it?? Can't find a happy medium with this hobby, but for now... I'm in quilting heaven!
Something amazing is in the works... Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all done!!


3 comments:

  1. Come quilt my Christmas stockings! Haha I bought all the fabric but have no idea what I'm doing. Also, you can totally rock that bag as a baby bag. All a baby bag really needs is multiple pockets and the ability to be easily wiped down. My first diaper bag was a regular bag from Target. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I would LOVE to! That sounds like such a fun project you will have to show me a picture of what you have in mind. I may have to copy you :) That's good to know though. I may buy a really cheap one just to use if I realize that this one isn't working... but thank you!!

      Delete
  2. I use my purse as a diaper bag! I just throw in some diapers and wipes and we're good to go. You can always keep a bag in your car with all the extra stuff you would put in your diaper bag.

    Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete