2.09.2014

S I X T E E N

Where has the time gone? 16 weeks?! It feels like yesterday we found out we were expecting. At the same time, I am so looking forward to the beautiful gift we get at the end of this journey. Two more weeks and we are halfway there!


Tyler had bishopric meetings this morning (Have I mentioned that he is the 2nd counselor in our bishopric?) so I resorted to taking my own picture. I'm finally starting to feel like my little bump is looking more and more like a pregnancy bump and not so much a "I ate too much" bump. What a relief! I have to say that I am just absolutely LOVING pregnancy. I know that the 2nd trimester is the best and I am soaking it in. 


How far along? 16 weeks!
Cravings? GRAPEFRUIT. Oh my goodness, I cannot get enough of it. I ate 3 the other day. Other than grapefruit & fruit in general, I've had this overpowering craving for a Baja Blast Freeze from Taco Bell. I know, so random. Its pretty much a slurpee but it has this mountain dew (I don't even drink or like soda?) flavor but with lime and coconut and I want one every minute of every day. The downfall? They have caffeine in them I think. I've had two so far this pregnancy but it's all I can do each day to not get one. I've even gotten to the point where I've googled, "If you drink caffeine when you are pregnant what will happen?" Pray for me ;) 
Aversions? My aversions are a lot more calm. I'm still a little picky about what I can and can't eat but I'm lucky every other food doesn't sound horrible anymore.
Weight gain? We will see tomorrow at our appointment.. I'm sure I've gained some!
Missing? Sleeping on my tummy :( 
Movements? None yet! The other day I thought I felt something.. but I'm just not sure so I'm saying no as of now. 
Gender? We both still think boy! I want to know so I can start shopping already!

Tomorrow is our big day! At our last appointment, they said that no matter what we have an appointment at 20 weeks which is an ultrasound appointment. Typically, this is the gender appointment. But she added if I wanted to find out early we could do it at 16 weeks (and confirm at 20 weeks) and then just pay for the extra ultrasound. I didn't even hesitate when she asked, YES. Yes yes. Hey, I'm going through 9 months of pregnancy the least I deserve is to find out early! I'm also getting my blood work done tomorrow which if you know me, you know my fear for needles. I figured that if I could combine blood work and finding out the gender that I would do ten times better with the needle. We are crossing our fingers that Baby Vance is in the right position so they can tell!

12 comments:

  1. How exciting! My vote is a boy. So glad you're back to blogging. I've missed your cute face.

    Also, I did a research paper in college which confirmed that caffeine in moderation is okay. Basically, three six ounce cups of coffee a day is about the limit and one soda usually has much less caffeine than that. So no worries when you give in to the craving from time to time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! I know I've missed blogging too, especially reading blogs! But I am back I promise :)

      Okay I'm SO glad you told me this because some days my cravings are outta this world intense. Haha - I'm still going to try not to go crazy with it but good to know every once in a while I can!

      Delete
  2. You are GORGEOUS, Madeline! Seriously, I hope I'm half as pretty as you when I'm pregnant. You're making me want a baby more & more every time I read your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Emma you are the SWEETEST! Seriously. It's so strange having this little belly… some days I look in the mirror and don't feel like myself! You will be the prettiest pregnant mama one day :)

      Delete
  3. First of all, I LOVE your outfit!! You look so great!! Second, I think it's a girl!... I'm excited for you! You totally deserve that early ultrasound ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alexa!! You are too nice. You are so right, how ever did you know?! ;)

      Delete
  4. Eeek I bet you're excited to find out the gender! I'm loving reading your posts again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I so was! It was the longest wait, those short 16 weeks :) Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  5. Do you know yet?
    Noooo, I'm not curious at all ; )
    Do you also have baby names? Will you share it on the blog?
    Ah! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes! We do! It's a girl Katie :) We have zero names because we were so convinced we were having a boy that we only had come up with boy names! If you have any ideas for little girl names send them my way because I'm going to need some help!

      Delete
    2. One day when I will have a daughter I will call her Sofia or Sophia. I like it as it is clearly a name for girls, it is well-known internationally so you don't have to spell it all the time and I like the meaning: wisdom.

      Delete
    3. Okay that's so funny because my sister's name is Sophie and I am so mad my mom took that name because I just love it! Such a classy name!

      Delete