2.11.2014

IT'S A GIRL


Yesterday afternoon Ty picked me up from school with a Costa Vida salad and orange juice. (Orange juice because we were told it helps the baby to be more active so it's easier to tell..?) We arrived at the doctors and boy was I nervous! Not only was I about to find out the gender but the thought of getting my blood drawn was making me nervous too. But I figured if I have to get poked to find out then I was all in! They took us back, and our ultrasound was first! *(We were told it would be second, but hey I was fine with it first.)
 
 
She squirted the warm jelly on, and started looking around. "What are you guys thinking it is today?" We both blurted out that we knew it was a boy! She responded saying, "..Well look here, I know what it is now." I still couldn't exactly see what we were looking at, so I said, "So it's a boy??" She laughed and said, "Nope, girl!" Both Tyler and I literally thought she was kidding. "No, really?" She was dead serious. I think we were both in complete shock. I've heard of ultrasound tech's getting the gender wrong so paranoid me kept asking if she was sure. "I'm positive, you're definitely having a little girl." Luckily, our baby's legs were spread wide apart and it was easy to see that there wasn't much there except for two legs :) It didn't take long for me to realize how excited I was about the idea of having a little girl! I had without a doubt convinced myself that we were having a boy! Tyler, too. We were just so set on it!
 
There is nothing quite like seeing your own baby on an ultrasound. I cried knowing that we have a little girl up in heaven just waiting to come down to us! She was waving her arms at us and it was truly so amazing to watch her move around! If I could get an ultrasound every day, I would.
 
Afterwards, while getting my blood drawn, Tyler spent some time soaking it in beside me. He was just thinking and thinking. He finally said, "A girl?! But we're set with girls!" Haha the way he said it was so funny. It's true though, I only have 3 boy cousins on my moms side, and I have all sisters, as does Tyler! Our little babe will have all aunts for now and we are so beyond thrilled. When we told my dad, he responded by saying, "Well the steak continues!"
 
Tyler has warmed up to it and can't stop talking about his little girl. It's so sweet and makes me so happy when I look over at him smiling and ask, "What are you thinking about?" and he answers with "Our baby girl!"
 
July could not come sooner!
 

8 comments:

  1. AHHHHH I'm celebrating for and with you!!! (: Congratulations to you & Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK you Tiff! You are so sweet!! We are just so excited!!

      Delete
  2. OMH yay how exciting!!!!! Congratulations :)
    www.dancingthroughsunday.typepad.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK you!! It is so surreal and we cannot wait :)

      Delete
  3. There SHE is! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessie!! We are so excited! Ahh :)

      Delete
  4. YAY!! i love little girls! this is so exciting, im so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! congrats!!
    also, I nominated your and your cute blog for the liebster award! see here for details: http://goodtobeagilbert.blogspot.com/2014/02/cady-from-this-is-moment-blog-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete