2.24.2014

A DAY OF LOVE

 
So as I am finally getting around to blogging I am trying to decide if it's just way too late to post about valentines day, but I'm deciding to do it anyways! Now you're not so sick of everyone's "Look what I did on Valentines Day" blog posts because you've had two weeks to recover :)

My mom has always done this Valentines Day tradition called "trail of hearts". We would wake up on Valentines day, and each of us would have a (literal) trail of hearts leading from our bed to who knows where! We would each have our own color of hearts and spend the morning running through the house to find what was at the end of the trail! I had told Tyler months back about this tradition and how I wanted to do it for our own family, but hadn't mentioned it again. I surprised him with this and it was so priceless to see him wake up and ask "What is this?!" He had no idea and I had so much fun planning everything and getting it all ready. Even if that meant setting an alarm for 3am to set it all up while he was asleep. :)
 For breakfast, we had heart pancakes with heart strawberries! (Plus the plastic plate idea was genius because who wants to spend Valentines morning doing the dishes? Not I!)


We both had a crazy busy day and all I could wonder is why teachers would have tests on valentines day? Show us some love too! We grabbed lunch together and for our date, we went down to Idaho Falls for some dinner and shopping. Tyler surprised me by taking me to the best, and only really good restaurant in Idaho Falls called Stockmans. It was SO delicious and if you live near.. you must try their cheesecake because it is divine. After our fun dinner, Tyler took me to the mall and Target and let me go crazy buying some baby girl clothes! I thought it was so sweet because this man of mine isn't a huge fan of shopping but he knew because we had just found out the gender that I was dying to do some shopping. We ended the night with a movie and it was such a perfect day. I am sure thankful for this husband of mine!

6 comments:

  1. so fun! I LOVE the trail heart idea for kids!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It is so fun and I know it will be even more fun when we have little ones running around!

      Delete
  2. You should post some of those baby clothes you bought :)

    http://oursweetthingcalledlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea!! When I get around to it I totally will. They are SO cute!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love Stockmans! That's where my husband and I go out for our anniversary. I love the delicious steak! But I've never tried the cheese cake, maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's sooo yummy! You must try their cheesecake it's a MUST. So delicious! :)

      Delete