1.02.2014

MORNING SICKNESS

We had all plans ready to head to Montana yesterday to meet up with Tyler's family. We had a spontaneous trip planned to Kalispell where we were going to ski, snowboard and shop! I woke up at 7am on New Years Day (which if that isn't hard enough to do, I don't know what is) and got all ready, packed and when Tyler woke up a little after, he started saying that he really didn't want to go. One thing lead to another, and we decided to stay here in Utah for a couple more days which has been much needed! 

I remember before we got pregnant, I was pretty scared about the morning sickness aspect of pregnancy. My mom had horrible pregnancies (the kind where she threw up 25 times a day the entire 9 months) which is also why she only had 3. I figured those lovely genes would make their way to me, mother to daughter, ya know? The first month of my pregnancy came and went, with no signs of nausea ahead. Then all of the sudden with no warning, over Thanksgiving break, they came. I wondered what it would feel like, and it basically feels like you have the flu for an extended period of time which becomes quite exhausting. Last month, there was a day where I couldn't keep anything down for 24 hours. I was so sick and was throwing everything up. Tyler finally called my doctor and they prescribed to me my new best friend, Zofran. 

I'm one of those crazy people who prefers to take medicine as little as possible, but I agreed to Zofran because let's be honest - the toilet and I were becoming too good of friends. If I wanted to go on about this medicine for an hour I could, but I'll save you and just say that I want to meet the people who created it and kiss them all. It's a miracle drug and I'm not sure why I went almost 2 months without it! I still have occasional rough days (yesterday was one of them) but it really will all be worth it!

As far as cravings go, I consider myself lucky. I was convinced I would be one of those girls that craves nothing but ice cream and potato chips but this hasn't been the case. My cravings include all fruit, some vegetables and anything fresh and light. Whole grain breads have been a favorite and anything that hasn't really been processed. (With the one exception of in-n-out. Strange I know.) Just an example for ya of my latest craving.. I ate 2 (10-pack) containers of tomatoes from Costco in two days. 20 tomatoes in 2 days. And still craving more!

My aversions have been anything fried or unhealthy really. (What a gift, truly. Like I said though, there's the exception of in-n-out always.) Another main aversion is Chinese food which I just gagged while typing that.

 All in all, I can honestly say that I am just loving this pregnancy. Every single day, Tyler and I are in awe at the miracle of life. We've grown so close during this time and we look forward to all of the crazy adventures, both good and bad, ahead. I am trying to soak in each and every day because I know things all change so fast in the short span of 9 months!

10 comments:

  1. ok, i loved reading all of this--and love that you are grateful and positive, through the physical hardship of your pregnancy. and girl, i crave in n out constantly and i am not pregnant! let's hope i can turn it around & crave fruits & veggies when i am pregnant. haha! you are a doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thank you so much. I really do feel so grateful though despite all the negative and I know it will only get better! (maybe, haha) but seriously I have high hopes for you! thanks so much kayla:)

      Delete
  2. You are too cute. I am sooo sorry about the morning sickness--I mean, the all day sickness. It is TOTALLY exhausting and I can relate to every word. (And I want to do it again? I've got be certifiably crazy.) I sure hope it lets up sooner than later and doesn't last the entire nine months. For me, that healthy food binge ended when I started feeling better. haha But I sincerely hope it lasts for you. I can't wait to hear more about your first pregnancy. Such an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you are so right when you called it all day sickness because it is! I keep telling my mom that I can't imagine having morning sickness on top of having a toddler or other kids - and I'm sure you know how that is! I have so much appreciation for moms!! Thanks so much Jessie!

      Delete
  3. Oh, and just a little honest post about my own first trimester with Levi in case you need some commiseration. :)
    http://bronandjessie.blogspot.com/2012/02/hooray-another-baby.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I'm so glad you sent me this because I love reading other people's experiences! For some reason it's so comforting. Thanks so much for that!

      Delete
  4. Zofran worked miracles for my sister, too! I might have to take that when I'm pregnant :) I'm glad it worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you will because it has helped me so much!! Glad to hear it helped your sis too!

      Delete
  5. Ah! How exciting! I totally feel ya, today I have been so sick and its just sucky! I want to lay around all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's no fun!! I hope you get feeling better!!

      Delete