1.09.2014

A LITTLE BLESSING

OK I am surely convinced I have the sweetest, most thoughtful and generous in-laws in the world. I grew up hearing horror stories regarding in-laws and issues with your spouse's family. I got so very lucky because I can honestly say that I absolutely adore my in-laws! So back before Tyler and I met, I told my mom that I would marry a guy who drove a brand new, silver Honda civic. It was a joke and I was mostly kidding, but I really got a kick when I found out that Tyler drives a silver honda civic! Now, I don't quite understand the logic behind buying a brand new car that is manual, but just like women have their prerogative, men have theirs too I guess. I've struggled for months learning how to drive manual, and I can do it now but it makes me soooo nervous. When we found out we were expecting, I realized that not only was I going to have to learn how and face my fear, but also that a coupe would be difficult with a car seat. I mean, think about it. Car seats are already difficult as they are.. but trying to get one in the back of a coupe? Sounds hard to me, and Tyler agreed as well. 

We started looking around at cars, thinking we would sell the Honda and get a new one. This made us both sad because we have so many memories in his Honda, and neither of us really wanted to sell it. We mentioned this to Tyler's dad who then offered us this beautiful car:

So a week later, here it is!! I seriously am in awe and it is so nice that we will have two cars instead of always trying to coordinate our schedules and such. We felt very prompted to start our family, and although it really didn't make a lot of sense, we moved forward knowing that things would somehow work out. This car was truly such a blessing and we know that our Heavenly Father is watching out for us! We are so grateful for such loving and supportive family!

4 comments:

  1. Your smile says it all. It's a beautiful car! Definitely very blessed. By the way, I agree with your hubby: manual is sooo much cooler. Haha

    P.S. My cute headband arrived today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!! Haha Jessie you will need to convert me one day because I cannot find it in me to like it - even one bit! But I'm glad you got the headband, you are so welcome!!

      Delete
  2. My husband just bought a new(ish) manual car too! And I literally drove it for the first time two weeks ago because I didn't know how before. Haha it's definitely different, but I'm getting the hang of it! What a wonderful blessing and amazing in-laws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you then!! It's scary.. especially with snow but I'm sure you can figure it out. It takes a while to get used to but I still get nervous haha. But thank you!!

      Delete