1.07.2014

11 WEEKS

School has starteeeed! Today is the first day of my SIXTH semester of college!! I look at the number six and I cannot believe it. I have worked so hard the past couple years and I did some calculating last night.. and if all goes as planned (which let's be honest - with getting pregnant it could all go a completely different direction) then I will graduate with Tyler this year!! I am hoping to graduate in December but I am still crossing my fingers. 

When we first started telling family and friends that we were expecting a few weeks ago, we got a lot of congratulations and excitement! There were quite a few people who were asking me, "Well what about school?" School has always been a priority and so has getting my degree. I know it will be hard finishing up one last semester with a new baby, but I know that 3 hard months will be worth saying that I got my bachelors degree with a baby and in only 2 years! If things don't work out as planned, then I will split my load and graduate in April 2015. 

Now for some baby talk!



How far along? I'm 11 weeks and all has been going well! I haven't had a really bad day in about.. well.. 4 days. So that's something to celebrate, right?! 
Cravings? My cravings have turned to macaroni and cheese. (I still eat about 10 servings of fruit a day though) I know, it's so crazy sounding because the last time I had macaroni & cheese was probably a good 4 years ago. The things pregnancy does to you! 
Aversions? Still the same.. the C word and fried foods.
Weight gain? I'm still below my starting weight, which I blame on the first trimester! 
Weird pregnancy moment: throwing up in front of a bunch of people right outside of Old Navy. You don't know humiliating until that moment.
Gender: Tyler and I are both thinking boy, and we have from the start! I'm not sure if it's a mothers intuition or if it's Ty brainwashing me by calling the baby "him" or saying "I can't wait to play sports with him" :)
Sleep? I sleep about 10 hours a night. Haha yes I'm totally serious and it rocks.

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So fun! Way to be documenting your pregnancy! I wish I would've done that! When do you guys find out?! It seems like there are quite a lot of boys being born lately! Maybe test out the Chinese calender?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you want to know the gender? Or do you want to be surprised?
      Katie

      Delete
    2. Thank you jen! I know I will want to look back on the details! We don't have a date yet, but I'm thinking in the next two months! It's all I can do to not stop by every baby store I see and want to buy things - but I'm holding off until we know the gender :) You're right though, it does seem like so many people I know are having boys!

      Delete
    3. To the anonymous comment, I definitely want to know the gender! I do not have the patience to wait unfortunately :)

      Delete
  2. awesome! i hope the pregnancy continues to be good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful, Madeline! Seriously, you make an adorable pregnant lady. I love reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! You are so sweet! I'm in that awkward stage where I'm sure strangers can't tell if I have a baby bump or a gut ;)

      Delete
  4. yes yes yes, Love this you pretty pregnant lady! Only a few short months until we get to be in class together, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COURT! Ahh I miss you! Seriously - we need to plan our schedules so we can take classes together!

      Delete
  5. Ah your bump is so adorable, and looks sooo good on you! I've been meaning to say congrats since I saw your instagram post, so CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to read about your pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks nicole!! You are so sweet - we are so excited! Thanks for taking the time to comment!!

      Delete