11.03.2013

TWENTY

I remember last year, realizing that this year, my birthday would fall on a Sunday. I remember being a little sad, because one of my favorite parts about my birthdays in the past were spending it with my friends. What I didn't realize last year was that when you're married, there is nothing better than a Sunday birthday because you get your spouse to yourself all day long! 

The day started out great. My husband is seriously the sweetest thing. Ever since I was in 7th grade, I have wanted a DSLR camera. My husband knew this, and decided to get me a Canon rebel t3i. 
I have been in heaven all day long playing with it and taking a million photos. Now that I'm married and we will have a family of our own in the future, I told Tyler one day that when we had kids that a nice camera was a must. I love documenting life through photos. I'm not going to pretend like just because I have a camera that I am a professional, but I will be taking lots of photos of my life with Tyler and learning how to use it. 

Then, on top of it all, he also surprised me with uggs! Back when I worked at Nordstrom, I had decided that uggs were out. But with the beyond freezing temps here in Rexburg, I fell in love with borrowing my roommates uggs while I was dating Tyler last winter. They've been on my wishlist for a few months and I was completely shocked with those too!

My family showed up, and this next photo is of me crying because I was so touched with how generous Tyler was for my birthday. 

After gifts, and after my family left back to Utah, it started to snow! First snow. Bittersweet!

Lastly, my mom made me the cutest cake while my family was visiting over the weekend. Tyler and I had some friends over and went into a sugar coma. Sooo yummy.


 19 was such a great year. I look back, and it all happened so fast. I started college and then got married to my sweetheart. I didn't see it coming at all and if 20 is half as great as 19 was, then I'm in great shape. Here's to 20!

8 comments:

  1. Ok, you are so cute! I've never had Uggs--are they really amazing? Because I'm at this point in life where comfort wins over fashion at least five days of the week, and I'd maybe be willing to cross over to the Ugg side if it'll feel like I'm wearing slippers all day . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, they are so unbelievably comfortable. Seriously! They're a little overpriced in my opinion but the quality is spot on. You need to go try them on somewhere, they're like walking on a cloud :)

      Delete
  2. Wow snow and everything on your birthday! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It kind of came out of no where! Thanks Brooklyn!!

      Delete
  3. AHH I want a DSLR SOOOO BAD!!! I'm definitely jealous! You're one lucky lady! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! xo

    djpetersen1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was in your shoes two days ago! I've wanted one for so long. Thanks so much pretty lady!!

      Delete