11.19.2013

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT WINTER...

I love soup, and maybe it's just a girl thing. Kinda like Zupas or Kneaders if you're from Utah. My husband isn't a huge fan, he says it's not that he doesn't like soup or anything, but because it's not filling enough nor is it manly enough. (??) Yeah, not sure I agree on that one so I decided to make soup for dinner tonight!

I found this recipe via one of my favorite food blogs. I have literally loved every single recipe I have tried. You can find this recipe here. I tweaked it a little, like added corn and didn't add the sliced tomatoes because I forgot to grab them at the store but it was so easy and it's healthy too!

I loved how many vegetables were in this soup and the flavor was so good. Especially on a cold night you cannot go wrong with soup. As I was eating this, it occurred to me that this may have been the cheapest meal I have ever made. Depending on what you already have, which in our case we had quite a few of these veggies already, I calculated that it cost us around $3.50 for a whole pot of soup! Anyways. That made me kind of (really) happy. Savin' the world one meal at a time peeps..

Up next?
(Rugs make the best backdrops, shhh)

8 comments:

  1. YUM!!!!! I think you would like jennysgatherings.com too! She has the most delicious and simple recipes ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yay! I will check that out! Thanks so much shelby!

      Delete
  2. that soup looks to good to be true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so delicious and the best part was that you feel so good eating it!! Thanks jennie!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, that soup looks so delicious! I'm definitely bookmarking it for winter, and checking out that blog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was so good! Please do because I seriously love all of her recipes!

      Delete
  4. Just made that soup after reading your blog it was so good!

    ReplyDelete