11.22.2013

FRIDAY NIGHT DATESKI

I don't know why, but for the longest time Tyler has called dates "Dateskis" - it's pretty funny and a little cute so I don't correct him. Tonight Tyler had hours of studying left but we decided to take a little "dateski" to my favorite restaurant in Rexburg. (& yes it's one of the only.) 



Life in Rexburg is really simple sometimes. I surely don't do as much shopping (which is a good thing I think) and I tend to focus more on what really matters in life. I like that.

It's these sweet moments that make my world go round. I'm grateful for this life I live.

Speaking of gratitude.. I don't think I've mentioned but I pass this temple every day on my way to school. This evening it looked extra beautiful. So many memories at this temple.. When Tyler and I were dating we would often go to the temple each Sunday night and just talk. It was our favorite place to escape our roommates and those talks are some of our most special moments. It's also where he proposed and also where I went through the temple for the first time. 

Ooookay, side tracked! Back to Chinese food. We love any excuse for some good chinese food. Today, we dubbed it cultural appreciation day. It works, right?

The orange chicken is my favorite. I got it once and haven't gone back. I need to venture out and try something new one of these days… Recommendations anyone?

I hate fortune cookies but I always love to read the fortunes. Is it weird that I like following them too? Definitely going to write a letter this week, for reals. (Hey, you never know.) 

& P.S. I have something ridiculously cute coming your way. I found this girl here in Rexburg who MAKES the most adorable head wraps. I'm obsessed. We started talking and are going to do a giveaway. Don't worry - it's not going to be complex or anything at all. Just simple and you will LOVE what she is offering. I'll announce a little more in a couple weeks!

12 comments:

  1. 1. you should write me a letter
    2. you should let me win the giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Chinese. There's a little Chinese restaurant within walking distance of our house (like everything else in Logan), and we go way too often.

    I think Logan and Rexburg are similar in the 'simple' aspect. I find myself walking through town here all the time, and I never did that when I lived in Salt Lake. I love that it gives you the opportunity to focus on what's really important too. Although, I certainly wouldn't complain if Logan got a Target! ;) (Fingers crossed)

    P.s. You're GORGEOUS.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaylie.. so funny because I love logan and feel like it's so similar to rexburg in a lot of ways! How funny because I say to my husband at least once a week, "Rexburg just needs a Target and then I'd be fine." hehe. I'm a target girl for life! Thanks so much, you are the sweetest! :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE Chinese! We'll have to check out the Mandarin next time we are in Rexburg.
    My favorite is Sesame Chicken and Crab Rangoon as an appetizer. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crab rangoon… YUM! that sounds amazing! Yeah I'm definitely a sucker for anything chinese :)

      Delete
  4. Okay it was you! I kept seeing you the past two days but I wasn't sure! And thats one of my favorites too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I'm laughing! I just looked at your blog to see what you looked like - and I totally saw you the other day too. I remember thinking.. how do I know her? but from blogging was the last thing on my mind! haha i'll be sure to say hi next time!

      Delete
  5. Oh. my. goodness. If this isn't the cutest blog (and you aren't the cutest girl) I've come across in a looong long time, I don't know what is! What a pretty and friendly site you have here.

    My hubby and I went to BYU-Idaho too. Sooo many great memories! Though I don't think I'd repeat the stressful school part again. :) I gradated in 2007. He graduated in 2009. And then it was off to grad school. Sounds like you two are just a few years younger. I've never even heard of the Mandarin restaurant! Our favorite place, still to this day, is Texas Roadhouse. Too bad Twin Falls doesn't have one!

    Also, my grandparents live in Orem. I lived with them for a few years as a kid. Did you happen to go to Orem Elementary? haha

    Anyway, I'll definitely be following your newlywedded bliss and all that comes your way on this blog. Thanks for stopping by mine so I could find yours.

    bronandjessie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie I'm so happy you stopped by because your blog is my new favorite! I have a confession.. I just spent one hour reading your boys' birth stories and learning a little more about you. You are such a cute mom!

      I love that you guys went to BYU Idaho! How fun! My husband is a die hard Texas Roadhouse fan. Such a fun place to go to - wish it wasn't in Idaho Falls so we could go more often :)

      What part of Orem do your grandparents live in? I am from North Orem so I went to Orchard Elementary but I know exactly where Orem Elementary is.

      Thanks so much for stopping by! Can't wait to get to know you better!

      Delete
  6. Chinese food is so delicious, my favourite is definitely chicken / egg fried rice. And that temple is so photogenic and gorgeous, it looks so pretty where you live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! That sounds so good I will have to try it sometime soon. And yes, the temple is just so beautiful! :)

      Delete