10.28.2013

WEEKEND IN UTAH

Tyler and I like Utah. And we really like deciding spontaneously to take a trip down. This weekend, it was my sweet cousin Eva's wedding. I've really wanted to go since I knew when she was getting married but I knew the chances were unlikely with Tyler's busy schedule. But when there's a BYU game the night before the wedding, convincing is ever so easy. 

So we went!

Friday night, we went to the football game and met up with some good friends Brendon and Danielle! They were so nice to get us tickets and my cute husband was in sports heaven. 

I also met up with my best friend Ashlyn. I love this girl!

Saturday, Tyler and I (well mostly me) wanted to go on a hike. One of the things that I miss most about Utah is living right on the mountain and having so many trails in what seems to be my backyard! I dragged Tyler, Ashlyn and my little sister Isabelle. 

The weather was beautiful and my favorite part about hiking is turning around and looking at the spectacular view. I couldn't tell if the beautiful view leaves me breathless or if I'm just out of shape from the hike. 

The wedding reception was at Highland Gardens which is always a beautiful venue - and I feel this way because lately I've been loving greenery and plants of all sorts. 

 The wedding dinner was to die for and a foodie like me left in a very happy food coma. So good and so fun to celebrate weddings. I think i've decided that I love nothing more than a good wedding. Good food, good company. What more could you ask for?


Cheers to a great weekend with the people I love most: my family!


8 comments:

  1. Seems like such a great weekend and a sweet wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was so nice and much needed! Who doesn't love getaways:)

      Delete
  2. FUN! My dear, the next time you're spontaneously in Utah, please please give me a call! You guys are so cute and we have got to meet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, I would seriously LOVE that! You and your husband are just so cute. We go down quite often so meeting is a must :)

      Delete
  3. Love a good Utah hike :) I must ask though, where did you get that cute blue pencil skirt!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Me too :) I got it at Nordstrom Rack!

      Delete