9.10.2013

BAKED PEACH OATMEAL


So with all of the fresh peaches at every grocery store, I knew I had to buy a bunch and incorporate them into all that I can before peach season is over. I LOVE fresh peaches and there's nothing better than the big juicy ones from Utah. I was sooo happy when I went into Broulims, the grocery store here in Idaho, and saw boxes of peaches labeled "UTAH" My first endeavor is adapted from this blog. It's a baked peach oatmeal. I've been (trying to be) healthy lately and this was sooo yummy. I had it this morning with a tall glass of milk. Tyler paired it with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream (I tried to tell him it was peach oatmeal not peach cobbler) and we both loved it!



Baked Peach Oatmeal

2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups vanilla soy milk
1 large egg
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped peaches
Peach slices for the top

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a pan of your choice. A pie pan or an 8x8 is recommended.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla.
4. Arrange the chopped peaches on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour the oat mixture evenly over the peaches. Pour the soy milk mixture over the oats. Gently shake the baking dish to make sure the milk covers the oats evenly. I arranged some peach slices on the top just to make it look pretty.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. have you ever substituted the soy with something else- like almond milk?

    also, your blog is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what the original recipe called for actually! that, almonds and almond extract. But I didn't have almonds or almond milk and was hungry, you know how that happens. try this: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/baked-peach-almond-oatmeal/

      thanks! you know I love yours :) always have.

      Delete