9.25.2013

RING BLING


So this is super random but I decided I would do a little "ring talk" today - since this is a newlywed blog. :) When Tyler and I started to get serious, I had absolutely NO idea what kind of ring that I wanted. I knew that I loved the typical thin banned halo ring style but I didn't love that everyone had it. I was lost and consequently, didn't think about it much.

I remember one night we were in the Nauvoo House lounge in a study room, and randomly we started talking about potentially getting married. These occasional conversations at this point of our relationship were thrilling and exciting for me. It's a great feeling to be so in love with someone, and to have them feel the same for you too. He then asked a question that he hadn't before when we talked about getting married. He hesitantly tried to find the words and then asked, "Soo what is your dream ring like?" I think that in that moment all of the blood in my body left and went somewhere else because I got a little light headed and I remember thinking "Is this real?" We had been talking for 6 months, dating for 4 months and although I think we both knew from the very start that we were going to get married, this was when it became really real to me. 

I remember thinking that I didn't know, but "something simple" came out of my mouth.

"Explain" he said. 

"Maybe just a really thin band with a single diamond."

And then I realized. What I just said was exactly what I wanted. I knew that it was perfect. I wanted something classy and timeless and I knew this was so me. You know when you're a little girl and you draw a diamond ring? (Maybe I'm the only girl that did that haha) But mine was always a circle with a single diamond sticking off the top. Who knew that that very style would be what I would end up with?

Ring shopping was just as wonderful as I dreamed it would be. I'm not sure if Tyler will ever understand how much I loved it. I was giddy the whole time trying on a million different rings. Tyler's aunt Susan told us about a jeweler in her ward who we should go see. So we ended up doing that (Rian Robinson - he's amazing everyone) and I remember he pulled out a Michael B. ring. I honestly didn't even want to try it on because I was already feeling kind of bad about how expensive a ring costs. But I did, and I fell in love. It was a little different than what I had in mind because there were small pave diamonds along the band:



Fast forward a couple months to May 19, 2013. I won't bore with all the details but I will say that I will never forget this day. After he had proposed, (with my dream ring you guys!) we kissed and hugged and I can remember feeling so at peace and so happy. There is no memory I will cherish more than standing outside of the Lord’s house with my best friend as we both cried together. This moment is so priceless to me and I count my lucky stars every single day.



…………………………………………………………………...




6 comments:

  1. I LOVE these cute wedding posts. That last picture is stunning, seriously so beautiful. Pretty ring, too!

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madeline I did the same thing when I was little! And that's the ring I got. I think I still have a sketch of it somewhere... You know the diamond shape we always think of when little? The four sided elongated squarish thing? I wanted that and a crisscross band and we made it happen. I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreamed of a ring when I was young and got it! I thought I was so weird for doing that... haha. I love these posts. Beautiful classic ring. It suits you perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Maddie that makes me so so very happy!! Yes I think every girl should get her dream ring.. I still look down at it everyday and tell him "I love my ring so much." I can't remember exactly what yours looks like so next time I see you remind me to look! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! I stumbled over your blog because I love newly-wed blogs and I think your blog and its colors are just too lovely!
    I am writing because I have a question and I hope you will answer, though this post is a few weeks old. I live in Germany and people here usually wear only the wedding ring. Now that I'm reading a lot of American blogs and I am seeing a lot of brides wearing only the engagement ring. I am interested in knowing why you decided to wear your engagement ring as wedding ring. It may seem a silly question but I am just really interested.
    Thanks in advance!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I always try to answer! Thanks for your kind compliments Katie. To be honest, I loved the look of a really thin band and I didn't want to add another band and it's really just solely based on look for me! It's not a silly question at all and I hope that this isn't too much of a silly answer, but bottom line is that I like the way it looks :) Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete