9.29.2013

AGE IS JUST A NUMBER


When I was twelve, I couldn't wait to be eighteen. I thought that for sure, by that time, I would have life all figured out. When I was sixteen, I thought that I wanted to be married at about twenty-three and start a family shortly after. I smile when I look back to these times because it seems almost part of human nature to crave the next stage in life. Throughout all these ages and stages, I've had different struggles, dreams, and excitements. 

It made me think about how easy it can become to be controlled by our age, to all have expectations about when is the right time for this or for that. You know, like how old you should be to graduate college, get married, or start a family. How old you should be when you buy your first house, or even retire. 

Forget these standards of society.


I think that a lot of us are expected to live our lives a certain way, do things in a certain order. Live your life the way you want to, not how you're expected to.

Take a big jump. Go back to college, travel, get married, fall in love, have kids, cut your hair, chase after your dreams. Whatever it is that makes you happy, do it. This is the time. Don't let your life be dictated by numbers. Never feel inadequate. Never feel like you're not good enough, talented enough, old enough. Because you are. 

"This life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."


3 comments:

  1. I 100% agree with that. I am obviously not married but when I see all my friends getting married I can't help but crave it. But then I realize I am only 20... and heck I only have a couple years out of eternity to be single and enjoy the life I have now!

    http://haileycheyanne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hailey! Cutest blog ever... I love yours so much. But it's so true, and 20 is still so young so live it up! We are all individuals and our stories will always be different.

      Delete