8.21.2013


Let’s rewind to one year ago. I was enjoying my summer, dating – and loving it, and working my dream job at Nordstrom. Summer 2012 consisted of taking my senior trip to Cancun, camping, adventuring in Provo Canyon, snow cones, going to country concerts, and a trip to New York City. I had just graduated high school and was planning on attending BYU Idaho the following January.

Here is an excerpt from my journal in August of 2012,

“I can’t believe summer is coming to a close, and let alone I am graduated from high school! Life is really exciting right now, and I feel really grateful for all of my blessings. Some of my future plans and dreams are to save money (I figured out that this whole growing up thing is actually really expensive), graduate college, maybe go on a mission, a humanitarian trip to Africa, service, study abroad and many more family vacations. I have LOTS of things that I am going to accomplish, and I am so excited for the future. I’m also really excited to get married, but I don’t think I want to do that until I have checked these things off of my bucket list.”

If I have learned one thing over the past year, it is that things don’t always happen as we plan them to. Oftentimes, the Lord has a different plan for each of us, and it is better than we could ever plan for ourselves. I never in a million years thought I would be the girl to get married right out of high school. When Tyler and I started to get serious, and I realized that it was happening fast, I didn’t feel old enough or really ready to get married. I had things I still needed to do! But as I thought about it, I realized that marriage is something you can never fully prepare yourself for. It’s something that two people go in together with a mindset to learn and grow together. I am grateful for a man with whom I see eye-to-eye with, and for someone that I can still accomplish so many of these adventures with. My future is still packed full with amazing adventures and fulfilling my dreams, they just may be a little different. 

And I’m so excited.

1 comment:

  1. I really am so excited to read this mads! There are many lessons to be taught to us singles and married - I can't wait to learn from a wise woman like you!

    ReplyDelete